Irish Democrat 1939-2000
This archive will be of value to all those interested in:
- The post-war years; Exiles Advisory Bureau; Irish workers help rebuild a shattered Britain; Fighting exploitation and exclusion.
- The Irish as part of the British labour movement. The Irish as trade unionists and socialists in Britain.
- The campaigns of Irish and British people against the partition of Ireland.
- The campaigns of the Irish and British for civil rights in Northern Ireland; The first civil rights march from Liverpool to London.
- A social history of the Irish community in Britain; censorship, exclusion, the media, campaigns, support etc
The Connolly Association is committed to making this archive as widely accessible as possible. If you find the content useful please consider making a donation to support our ongoing work.